There are a lot of things to do when moving house. Remembering to have the electricity connected is one of them! The first night in an unfamiliar house without lights may be a memory you want to avoid!
The following checklist should help avoid oversights and keep the stress to a minimum.
Sale and Purchase Contracts
Have you …
- had a conveyancer or lawyer to look over the Contract and Form 1 before you sign or during your cooling off period? (we charge a fee for this service but rebate $50 if you proceed with the matter and engage us for conveyancing)
- had appropriate clauses been included in the Contract (eg subject to finance, building/pest inspection, subject to sale/settlement of another property, final inspection before settlement)?
- calculated the total fees based on your purchase price (ie: stamp duty and registration fees, searches, adjustment or rates and taxes, Conveyancing fees)?
- paid your deposit to the Real Estate Agent?
- received approval of finance from your bank?
- provided your Real Estate Agent and Conveyancer with the finance approval letter?
- satisfied all contractual conditions, and have you advised the Real Estate Agent and Conveyancer?
- advised your bank and Real Estate Agent of your Conveyancer’s details?
- arranged building insurance for your new home?
- obtained a Certificate of Insurance from your Insurer and provided it to your Conveyancer and bank?
Have you …
- signed your Mortgage documents with the bank?
- signed your Transfer documents with your Conveyancer?
- arranged for collection of the keys from the Agent after settlement?
- arranged movers?
- given written notice to your landlord (if applicable)?
- made a list of mail you receive for notifying change of address?
- notified your power/gas company of the date you are moving?
- notified your telephone company of the date you are moving?
- notified your television service (Foxtel) for transfer (if applicable)?
- arranged for care of your children/pets for the day you are moving?
- arranged for redirection of your mail with Australia Post?
- notified the following of your change of address:
- Your bank/s
- Electoral department
- Motor vehicle registration department
- Health Insurance
- Superannuation Funds
- Medical Practitioners
- Tax Office
For further information please contact Anna on 8362 6400 or email Anna Pantelios. Join our mailing list to receive updates and advice on current issues.