Getting the right lawyer involved at an early stage of business dealings can often save money, create better and more flexible structures and avoid matters ending up in Court. It can also be fundamental to getting the deal done or avoiding a disaster.
We have the experience and commercial acumen to make sure your commercial transactions are successful and to minimise your exposure to unnecessary risks and government taxes. We have helped hundreds of Adelaide and South Australian clients operate successful businesses – read their Reviews and then call us on a no obligation basis to discuss how we can help you.
Best Commercial Advice
The best advice we can give to anyone contemplating a business transaction is don’t be one of those clients that gets us to “check things over” after the deal has been negotiated, documented and signed. The right time to get advice is before negotiations commence and then regularly throughout the transaction.
In our experience astute business people surround themselves with good advisers and they take advice regularly and from a very early stage in commercial transactions.
In addition to drafting and advising on documentation, we can give you the benefit of our significant business and commercial transaction experience and assist with the design and implementation of an appropriate due diligence exercise.
A good commercial lawyer is someone that you can use to “talk over” the deal and together come up with the best structure whilst minimising costs, stamp duty, capital gains tax and other imposts up front and those that may be payable down the track.
We can be of assistance in any one or more of the following:
- Discussions of the pros and cons of the proposed transaction;
- Minimise stamp duty, capital gains tax and payroll tax implications;
- Identification of relevant legislation, duties and taxes that may have an impact;
- Undertaking searches and (if appropriate) an appropriate due diligence exercise;
- Advising on appropriate business, ownership and control structures;
- Raising finance and consideration of Contract documentation;
- Drafting transactional documentation or negotiating terms and providing advice;
- Risk management and asset protection; and
- Business succession considerations.
We have significant experience in all of these matters whether it be in relation to entering a building contract, buying or selling businesses or business assets, franchise and licensing agreements, distribution and agency arrangements, partnership and shareholder agreements, buy-sell and option arrangements, employment and independent contractor agreements.
You can have confidence in choosing us for the same reasons that our clients recommend us. We guarantee … Find out more
We can assist with most business and commercial matters including:
Read our Client Reviews and then call us to talk about your business matter on a no obligation basis.