“I have been a property and business lawyer since 1995 at a number of prominent Adelaide law firms and in-house at the SA Land Titles Office. I am also a Public Notary and have qualifications in engineering and teaching. I have a strong interest in property investment. My home life is wonderfully hectic and includes raising 2 young men and a commitment to fitness and a number of sports.
My background helps me understand my clients and their businesses. I enjoy working with my clients to help them find solutions, manage risk and build value.”
Lorenzo’s experience is significant and includes:
- Advising on the acquisition and sale of commercial, industrial and retail properties, including environmental, local government, GST and planning issues.
- Advising on joint ventures and consortiums, including drafting joint venture agreements and partnership agreements.
- Advising on the acquisition, development, leasing, sale, accreditation and certification of retirement village and aged care facilities.
- Negotiating and drafting construction, service and management agreements.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting complex lease agreements.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting relevant security documents.
- Advising, negotiating and drafting agreements for franchise systems.
- Securing liquor licences and advising on liquor licensing issues for developers and owners of hotels, wine manufacturing facilities and multipurpose sites.
- Advising on technology and intellectual property.
- Advising on employment law issues.
- Advising on risk management.
Areas of specialisation
In advising developers, landowners, contractors and professional service providers, Lorenzo takes a hands on approach to proactively providing commercially realistic, legal solutions and assisting clients to manage risk and build value.
His experience ranges from advising owners on property acquisitions and joint venture arrangements to drafting infrastructure, construction and service agreements. Lorenzo also works closely with other members of our firm in dispute resolution and litigation matters.
In his broader practice, Lorenzo advises on property leasing, banking and finance law, environment and planning, liquor licensing issues and risk management. He also advises on complex property due diligence (including wineries and shopping centres), and property and asset acquisitions and disposals.
As Lorenzo is a Public Notary, he also provides notarial services such as preparing and certifying various legal documents for use in Australia and overseas. Before joining private practice, Lorenzo was an in-house solicitor to the Registrar-General. As part of that role, he was a member of the Executive Committee that developed the Community Titles Act (SA) 1996.
Highlights of Lorenzo’s experience include:
Conducting due diligence and completing the acquisition of Seppeltsfield, Australia’s best known fortified wine business and historic winery and vineyards.
Advised a large interstate property fund management group on, and drafted, a complex Community Water Scheme Agreement which involved the construction and maintenance of a water irrigation system and water supply to a number of Victorian farms.
Advised a developer on its multi-million dollar Adelaide CBD multi storey residential and retail development, which involved due diligence, drafting land contacts, community title documentation and construction agreements.
Advised a developer on its development of cutting-edge residential and commercial buildings in Hervey Bay, Queensland.
Advised a developer on its acquisition of certain land parcels in Eyre Peninsula.
Acted as principal legal advisor to Vodafone Limited – he advised on all leasing, planning and land access agreements in South Australia and Northern Territory.
Acted for the Adelaide Festival Centre Trust in attaining Special Circumstances liquor licences for the Adelaide Festival Centre and Her Majesty’s Theatre – a process that involved negotiating with objectors, the Liquor and Gambling Commission and various ministers.
Advising the Commonwealth’s solicitors on property issues relating to South Australian law regarding the Air Warfare Destroyer Project.
Acted for the Advertiser Newspapers Limited in a land swap with Caversham Property Holdings (Futuris) and the subsequent multi-million dollar development of the Advertiser Newspaper offices – a matter that involved finalising a memorandum of understanding, land contracts, a tripartite development agreement and building contracts while protecting the newspaper’s ongoing operations during the development.
Advised the Adelaide Produce Markets on the construction of the DWN Refrigeration facility, which included drafting agreements to design, construct and lease.
Advised owners on the redevelopment of the Criterion Hotel, which involved a land swap with Caversham Property Holdings (Futuris) and the refurbishment of the heritage listed Electra house – this matter included rectification and finalisation of a complex heads of agreement, land contracts, a tripartite development agreement and building contracts.
Acted in the refurbishment of the Cove Tavern shopping centre.
Acted in the redevelopment of the Orange Lane Markets at Norwood into commercial offices.
Self defence, fitness, golf, photography, reading, classical music.
Lorenzo also participates in many charitable activities; the latest being a charity walk along the Heysen Trail raising funds for Variety SA, which was made into a TV documentary.
Please contact Lorenzo on 8362 6400 or email Lorenzo Mazzocchetti.
Qualifications & Associations
- Notary Public
- Bachelor of Laws, Bond University
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (Honours), University of South Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Legal Practice, University of South Australia
- Graduate Certificate of Management Research Literature, University of South Australia
- Member of The Law Society of South Australia Property Law Committee
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries
- Member of the Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Disciplinary Commissioner of the Football Federation of South Australia.
Join our mailing list to receive Lorenzo’s legal updates and advice on current issues.